Thursday, January 8, 2015

Teaching English In Costa Rica

Salvando Corezones Costa Rica

   I  traveled with my husband Vincent Noot to Tilarán, Costa Rica from May 2014 until July 2014. Once we got to the airport in Costa Rica, Anna, from Salvando Corazones, picked us up. After we were settled into our house Maria found for us, we went to Salvando Corazones' safe house for blankets and some supplies. The purpose of us going there was to teach the girls. We taught for a whole week: English, art, and sports. We taught the five girls that were living at the safe house. We did so much more after that though. We taught English every MondayWednesday, and Thursday afternoons we taught English/ Art, while the girls were doing their normal math, science and history study. Vincent and I painted the house with colorful pictures. We were also able to travel the country a little better to learn about the culture of their country. This home helps girls stay out of child prostitution through teaching them English and giving them the education and information they need to be able to be employed.




This was when Costa Rica won a World Cup soccer game!








     The reason I have a passion to teach these girls is to keep them from the dangers of child prostitution. My husband taught in Thailand to prevent this and I really want to do my part.

No comments:

Post a Comment